Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Angels

Remember how our car broke down four weeks ago?  Well Taylor's mom, dad and brother drove all the way from northern California last weekend just so that my father-in-law and brother-in-law could work on our car until they could get it running again.  They worked on it for four days and just when they were down to the wire on time, they fixed our car and it was up and running!  Taylor and I couldn't express the gratitude we felt, and still feel.  They worked so hard and were determined to get it running, no matter what it took.  They are amazing.

Today Taylor, Mercedes and I were headed north to Salt Lake City for Taylor's scan, the scan that will tell the doctor whether or not Taylor is ready for the second surgery.  So in other words, it was a very important appointment!  We stopped in Orem first to drop Mercedes off with our sister-in-law BJ.  On the way, however, I noticed the steering in the car was getting very stiff and by the time we got off of the freeway I knew something was very wrong.  By the time we pulled into a parking lot right next to our destination, the car couldn't be driven another block.  We popped the trunk and it turned out that we lost the belt to the alternator and power steering pump.  We were relieved since it seemed like a simple fix but that didn't help our immediate situation.  We HAD to get to Taylor's appointment and the clock was ticking.  We took Mercedes up to the apartment to BJ and Taylor's brother Jonathan loaned us his car so that we could continue to SLC.  So even though our car was suddenly inoperable we hardly missed a beat and were able to make it to Taylor's appointment on time.  Just like four weeks ago, our car broke down in the PERFECT place.

 I know that we are being looked after.

After we brought the car back to Jonathan and BJ's and picked up Mercedes, my mom (who was already planning to head to Provo/Orem) picked us up and we got a ride back home to Payson.  This evening Jonathan fixed our car and he and BJ brought our car back to us tonight.  I can't thank them enough.  They watched Mercedes while we went to Salt Lake, let us borrow their car, they fixed our car, and then brought it back to us.  Oh, and while they were here this evening after bringing our car back, they pulled out a laptop that they didn't need any more and gave it to us, complete with case and a yellow bow. I am now using this laptop to write this blog post.

Family members from both sides of our family have been our angels, and we could not do any of this without all of them.  And like I said before, we know that Heavenly Father is blessing us.

Tomorrow we head back to St. Mark's Hospital in SLC to meet with Taylor's doctor and talk about the scan.  If everything looks good, they'll hopefully schedule the second surgery and we can begin yet another long awaited chapter.
Mercedes and BJ making cupcakes!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love your stories and I love your angels, Jonathan, bj, Galen,tammy and Thomas and I love